Financial Planning businesses typically come with an heir of scepticism from consumers. A lack of trust, if you will. It’s possible that some folks feel that financial planners do not do much for their clients and that their advice is laden with self interest. It’s also possible that some consumers feel they would be no better off after obtaining advice. And, it is true that there have been, and possibly still are, financial planners who have taken advantage of their own clients.
Darren Titmus set up Financial Planning Qld with business practices that would eliminate all of the above fears for any consumer. To achieve this, Darren implemented the following:
- Fee for service advice only – this means that there are no commission arrangements designed to influence advice or product selection for clients
- Use of Superannuation Funds that pay NIL commission only
- No Fee Guarantee
- Better Position Statement – this is a plain English explanation provided in writing of WHY and HOW the recommended strategy and products used benefit you, the client, over and above your current arrangements
These are the simple cornerstones on which we build our business and the foundations for all advice provided to our clients.
- We will be absolutely transparent
- We will be truly helpful
- We will always put the interests of our Clients first
- We will offer technically superior advice that is beyond reproach
- We will provide our service with happiness, humour, and personality
Financial Planning Qld is supported by a team of professional and experienced Paraplanners. Their job is essentially to create the document that is the financial plan. This document addresses every element of the advice that Financial Planning Qld is providing you with. It is typically anything between 50 and 80 pages long and will contain cash flows, tax considerations, alternative strategies, investment and asset allocations, all the reasons why the strategy is a winner for you… and much more! To be honest, you probably won’t find it a very exciting read, but at least all the bases are covered and you have something to refer to.
Financial Planning is a very technical profession. Rules, regulations, legislation – they are ALL changing ALL of the time. Throw this in the mix with an ever-changing global economy, volatile markets, and a myriad of other factors and you most definitely have something a tad interesting! It really is a minefield out there!
To stay abreast of these changes and how they impact clients, Financial Planning Qld has a technical services team at hand. Their job is basically to help ensure that the strategies and advice that you receive not only achieves what you want it to, but is the most effective and most appropriate way of doing so.